So you want to be an entrepreneur?
What is entrepreneurship? You have decided to break out on your own and create your own reality. You want to be an entrepreneur.
Here are a few of the things I wish someone had told me when I started my own business and made that first leap into entrepreneurship.
1) You will experience days where you are on top of the world (when you sign your first client, when you get your first payment). And you will have days when you feel like a failure. But failure is simply part of it all. Give yourself permission to fail. You won’t be successful if you can’t fail at some things.
2) Your habits will either make you or break you. If you are a procrastinator that won’t change when you start your business.
3) You have to be your own cheerleader. You have to boss yourself around on the days you don’t feel like getting up and going. You have to encourage yourself. Being an entrepreneur can be a lonely road some days.
4) Everyone will tell you they have the solution to your problem (website, marketing funnels, coaching, whatever). Choose wisely and remember that you don’t have to have all the answers at once.
5) Mindset is key to everything. The way you talk to yourself and the thoughts you think will determine your reality.