So you are working on moving from a mindset of scarcity to one of abundance but what does that exactly look like in your behavior? What changes occur that make a difference? Just because you are thinking differently doesn’t mean you are going to act on it. Yeah, so that is the point. You have to take action. You can’t just think different, you have to do different. We talked about re-framing last time as a tool to change your mindset. Re-framing your thoughts is a great step to re-framing your actions.
· Where am I going to find my next customers? Re-frame: My customers will come because I am going to offer high value services that they want and I will market to my niche so they know what is available to them.
· You have to constantly hustle or the competition is going to crush you. Re-frame: You can actually work with your competitors to serve the clients. There is more than enough for everyone. Collaboration is much better than competition.
· I don’t have what it takes to do _________. Re-frame: I am confident and brave enough to be seen. I know I have what it takes to do the job.
· There isn’t enough __________. Re-frame: There is more than enough _____________ (fill in the blank).
· Fear of missing out (FOMO). Framer: I am doing exactly what I am supposed to be doing today.
· If I don’t fight for myself no one will. Re-frame: I don’t have to fight
· I’m so busy. Re-frame: My time is spent doing exactly what I want to do.
So how do we take these re-framed thoughts and turn them into actions?
Re-Framing our Actions
Once you re-frame your thoughts then it is time to show what you are made of and walk the talk. Once you re-frame your thoughts you will find it makes you step up your game. What do I mean? Here’s an example. My customers will come because I am going to offer high value services that they want and I will market to my niche so they know what is available to them. Now you actually have to work on developing high value services, marketing those services, discovering your niche and your best client (if you don’t already know) and then develop a plan to draw in those desired customers. This is a tall order but do you see how changing it from a worry statement to a confident statement gave you an action plan?
Living in Abundance
So what changes do you need to make in your “stinking thinking”? Start out by writing out your scarcity thoughts and then once you’ve identified them then rewrite them into a positive re-framing thought. Once you have re-framed then do any actions jump out that you can take? Share with us how you are implementing this in your life. #scarcity #abundance #reframe