Scarcity Mindset vs. Abundance – Behaviors
So you are working on moving from a mindset of scarcity to one of abundance but what does that exactly look like in your behavior? What changes occur that make a difference? Just because you are thinking differently doesn’t mean you are going to act on it. Yeah, so that is the point. You have to take action. You can’t just think different, you have to do different. We talked about reframing last time as a tool to change your mindset. Reframing your thoughts is a great step to reframing your actions.
- Where am I going to find my next customers? Reframe: My customers will come because I am going to offer high value services that they want and I will market to my niche so they know what is available to them.
- You have to constantly hustle or the competition is going to crush you. Reframe: You can actually work with your competitors to serve the clients. There is more than enough for everyone. Collaboration is much better than competition.
- I don’t have what it takes to do _________. Reframe: I am confident and brave enough to be seen. I know I have what it takes to do the job.
- There isn’t enough __________. Reframe: There is more than enough _____________ (fill in the blank).
- Fear of missing out (FOMO). Reframe: I am doing exactly what I am supposed to be doing today.
- If I don’t fight for myself no one will. Reframe: I don’t have to fight.
- I’m so busy. Reframe: My time is spent doing exactly what I want to do.
So how do we take these reframed thoughts and turn them into actions?
Reframing our actions
Once you reframe your thoughts then it is time to show what you are made of and walk the talk. Once you reframe your thoughts you will find it makes you step up your game. What do I mean? Here’s an example. My customers will come because I am going to offer high value services that they want and I will market to my niche so they know what is available to them. Now you actually have to work on developing high value services, marketing those services, discovering your niche and your best client (if you don’t already know) and then develop a plan to draw in those desired customers. This is a tall order but do you see how changing it from a worry statement to a confident statement gave you an action plan?
Another favorite of mine that when reframed gives a clear action plan. “I’m so busy” turned into “My time is spent doing exactly what I want to do.” Well, if my time is spent doing exactly what I want to do then I’ve got to get busy changing alot of things. This is a big one for me because I was too busy. I still am busy but it is getting better. Why you may ask? I reframed the “I’m so busy” and realized that the problem is I wasn’t doing exactly what I want to do. So I started to put things in motion that changed that and made the statement true. The reason I say I’m still busy is that it isn’t an overnight change. Big changes take time and sometimes we must take action in baby steps but all action is good and moves us in the right direction. Now instead of just thinking in abundance I’m moving towards living in abundance too.
Living in Abundance
So what changes do you need to make in your “stinking thinking”? Start out by writing out your scarcity thoughts and then once you’ve identified them then rewrite them into a positive reframing thought. Once you have reframed then do any actions jump out that you can take? Share with us how you are implementing this in your life.