Scarcity Mindset vs. Abundance Mindset
I know you have heard the terms scarcity and abundance but what do they really mean you or your organization. Many have a mindset of scarcity and don’t even know it. What does scarcity mean? Scarcity is when you perceive that something is in limited supply.
- You worry where you are going to find your next customers or donors – scarcity mindset
- You are fighting the competition to get what you can. You have to hustle. – scarcity mindset
- I don’t have what it takes to do x,y,z – scarcity mindset
- There isn’t enough _____________ – scarcity mindset
- Fear of missing out – scarcity mindset
- If I don’t fight for myself no one will – scarcity mindset
- I’m so busy – scarcity mindset
When you truly take a look at scarcity it isn’t appealing.
How to change our mindset
No one wants to live in a scarcity mindset. It effects everything you do, the actions you take and the decisions you make daily. When you come from a place of scarcity you feel there is never enough of the resources you need. But what if you changed the script to one of abundance? What is abundance? The definition of abundance is “a plentiful or oversufficient quantity or supply”. You can change your mindset to one of abundance by changing the way you think. It doesn’t happen all at once but in the small changes and shifts in your thinking every single day.
Here are some steps you can take when you find yourself in a scarcity mindset:
- Reframe your thinking – Stop when you find your are thinking negative/scarcity based thoughts. Reframe them into ones of abundant thinking. If you feel something is lacking imagine it as plentiful. If you are feeling the pinch of lack, imagine yourself with an overabundance of what you are seeking.
- Daily affirmations – Write out affirmations that support an abundanct mindset. Ex: I have all the resources that I need to complete this task. I am capable, strong and efficient.
- Be grateful – It’s hard to stay in scarcity when you are grateful for what you have and what is to come.
- Look for the good in everything – As much as you can throughout the day notice the good. If you train your mind to see the good then you will see less of the bad. You will find that you see more good in every single thing.
- Encourage others – if you need encouragement then encourage others. You will not only feel good from helping someone else but you will be encouraging yourself as well.
Living in Abundance
Living in Abundance means knowing that there is enough to go around for all. You don’t have to fight for the scraps. Resources are plentiful. If you are in business, there are plenty of customers for everyone. If you need money, there are plenty of funds to go around. If you need encouragement, you will find it. Take some time today to write down ways that you can live abundantly.
Tell us about it. How do you plan to move from scarcity to abundance today?
If you are interested in moving your small business or nonprofit from scarcity to abundance, contact us today!
This blog has been verified by Rise: R954783a5f817edc7be694a288d0ad46c